Hi there, comics creators! I want to tell you about Storylark's Comic Embedding feature. This lets you place your comic issue in a blog post, news article, or other non-Storylark website, allowing your audiences to read comics without having to click any external links.
If you want to promote your work in places like press or personal blogs, news sites, and tumblr, this should be pretty useful.
For example, I can embed our "I Hate Mornings" comic in this blog:
GMA News Online has also used this feature in their article on Mythspace.
So, how do you get this working? Just follow these steps:
- Go to the page of the issue you want to embed.
- Click on the "Share" button on the left, below the "Read" button and select "Embed".
- Customize the size of the embed then copy the HTML embed code to the webpage.
For those using Tumblr, you'll have to make a video post for the embed code to work.
Then simply paste the code in the provided embed code area. Don't worry about the "Video preview not available." warning.
As for the size, we recommend the "Compact" or "Medium", however you may want to select a different size depending on the theme of your blog.
Here are some final notes:
- Anybody can use the embed code.
- The fullscreen reader will always be used when reading the embedded issue so you don't have to worry about your pages fitting the embed view.
- For paid and age-restricted issues, the behavior of the embedded reader is the same as the one in the main site.
We hope this helps! For any questions, simply hit our forums linked below.